Parenting in the First 3 Years Podcast
#9: Four Things to Do With Your Newborn
with Deborah McNelis
We’ve all heard how important the first 60 days are for your newborn’s development. But when all you see them do is sleep, eat, and poop, it can be hard to imagine anything major is happening inside. Thankfully, science has proven otherwise! So what are some things you can do with your newborn to make the most of these first 2 months and form the essential bonds that will benefit your baby for years to come?
In this episode, I talk to Deborah McNelis, M. Ed. Deborah is an early brain development specialist, author, speaker, and founder of Brain Insights LLC. We discuss some common misconceptions about newborn care, the best ways parents can nourish their newborn’s brain growth, and answer some burning questions about how to handle your little one in those first 60 days.
Here’s a glance at this episode…
- [01:41] Introducing early brain development specialist Deborah McNelis
- [05:31] The importance of the first 60 days of life
- [07:54] What parents can do to help their newborn’s brain development
- [11:18] Should you be concerned if your baby cries too long without soothing them?
- [12:17] Babies who spend time in the NICU after birth
- [17:00] Common myths about newborn development and care
- [23:13] What parents can do today to nourish brain growth
Use code NURTURE25 for 25% off the purchase of any products at Brain Insights.
Follow on Spotify
Follow on Apple
Take a moment now to follow the podcast on Apple, Google, or Spotify. It’s the best way to be notified when a new episode drops each week. These bite-sized episodes are perfect for listening during daycare drop-off, an evening walk, or a quick workout.
RELATED BLOG POSTS TO CHECK OUT: