Because there’s more to preparing for birth than just packing your suitcase.
YOU’RE EXPECTING YOUR FIRST BABY
You’ve done everything right so far.
You've made changes in your daily life
You've stocked up on diapers, wipes, and all those cute little newborn outfits
You've prepared the baby's nursery and purchased the essentials
But you haven't taken a birth or parenting class (thanks, Covid)
You want to be prepared for labor, breastfeeding, and taking care of yourself as well as your new baby.
I can’t wait for you to join this community!
My name is Ann. I’m an early childhood educator who’s worn lots of different hats over the years, but my favorite job title is mom.
I created this course because so many new moms said to me, “I am freaking out about labor” and “I have no idea what I’m going to do when I get home from the hospital – I have no experience with babies.”
It’s for every brand new mom and dad, to prepare you for the unknowns, for the uncertainty. It will answer many of your questions and help you understand what you want to learn more about. It gives you the tools to navigate the first days of parenthood.
On top of that, you’ll be connected to a community of other parents-to-be who are experiencing pregnancy and birth in a pandemic just like you. We foster a supportive environment where you’ll feel safe to ask questions and get support.
NURTURED NOGGINS PRESENTS
By the end of this course, you will…
Have a plan for labor
Know how to prepare your body for a strong delivery and postpartum recovery
Be prepared to breastfeed your baby (or not)
Learn to make healthy comfort food to nourish your body and feed your soul
Understand how to process the emotions around this major life transition
24 LESSONS IN 4 MODULES
including downloadable videos, audio files, and PDF resources
24 CONVERSATION CARDS
to help you and your partner enter parenthood on the same page
17 RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE
full of delicious comfort foods that nourish your body and soul
that you’re going to get through your birth experience with joy and strength
PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP
to connect with other expecting parents and ask all your burning questions
MINDFULNESS GUIDE EBOOK
full of reflection prompts and exercises to help you prepare for birth
ENROLL IN BIRTH SCHOOL TODAY!
3 easy ways to pay:
2 monthly payments of
PAY IN FULL
One-time payment of
Includes 2 additional courses + 4 one-on-one consultations with Ann
Scroll down for details.
Module 1 - Preparing for birth
The first module is all about getting ready to have that baby. You’ll learn how to prepare by planning, packing, learning, and reflecting on the big changes coming. Heather Barrett answers your questions about labor and delivery and you’ll get great insight from birth doula, Parrish DuPree.
Here’s what you’ll find inside Module 1:
- Preparing for your time at the hospital
- What’s a doula?
- What’s a midwife?
- Common questions about labor
- Mindset: Getting ready for the unknown
- Plus these helpful tools: Top 6 Things to Include in Your Birth Plan, Birth Plan templates, What to Bring to the Hospital, Journaling and Positive Affirmations
module 2 - preparing your body
This one’s all about getting your body prepared for the birth process with 5 simple exercises you can do at home. They just take a few minutes each day and will make a world of difference. Pregnancy fitness expert, Maria Dior, explains what you can do to have a strong delivery and demonstrates each exercise. All you need is a little space and a yoga mat for these non-strenuous moves.
Here’s what you’ll find in Module 2:
- Why you need to get in shape for labor
- 5 video demonstrations from a pregnancy fitness expert detailing how to safely exercise in a way that supports your abdomen and pelvic floor
Module 3 - preparing to breastfeed (or not)
In this module, Lactation Consultant Erica Campbell explains what you need to know about feeding your baby… whether you breast or bottle-feed. It’s a process for both of you – your baby learns to suck and swallow, you learn to get a good latch, pump, or make formula. This will help you through the learning process.
Here’s what you’ll find in Module 3:
- What does a lactation consultant do?
- Getting ready to breastfeed
- How do you know if you have enough milk?
- What’s a tongue-tie?
- Bottle feeding and milk suppression
- What’s up with pumping?
- Plus Tips for Breastfeeding and Pumping
module 4 - preparing your heart + home
This one’s all about getting ready to actually do life as a new parent. There are so many changes that happen the minute you walk through the door with your newborn. All of the sudden it’s real and life is different (and pretty wonderful!). These lessons will help you get ready.
Here’s what you’ll find in Module 4:
- Important things to talk through before baby comes
- Cooking School: Freezer meals
- Cooking School: How to create a salad you actually want to eat
- What happens exactly when you “become a parent”
- Plus these tools to put what you learn into action: Conversation Starter Cards, Recipes You’ll Love, Becoming a Parent Journal Prompts
If you want a deep dive into what’s happening in your baby’s first weeks, how to select child care and what to expect the first weeks of parenthood, this personalized package is for you. Birth School plus two informative courses all about newborns PLUS one-on-one calls with Ann.
Here’s what you’ll get with the VIP Package:
- Birth School
- Four 45-minute Consultation Calls with Ann (through Zoom) covering these topics:
- Attachment in the first days ~ learn what to do to connect with your baby
- What to look for when selecting child care for your baby
- How to take care of a newborn
- Managing the transition into parenthood
- Quick Start Guide for Newborns course
- Understanding Shaken Baby, SIDS and Early Brain Development course (you’ll receive 2 coupons to give to others who’ll be taking care of your baby)
Why work with Ann as a VIP?
Because I’ve spent 30+ years studying child development – as an infant teacher and program administrator, college professor, early childhood teacher educator and parent consultant. I absolutely love helping you understand why children do what they do, especially infants and toddlers ~ as well as yourself as a parent. My superpower is helping you understand, nurture and respond appropriately to your child.
Some of my credentials…
- Masters degree in Human Development & Family Studies, Bachelors in Education
- Master Level Teacher Trainer
- Certified Parent Consultant
- Certified Trainer for the Center for Improving the Readiness of Children for Learning and Education
- Texas Child Care Health Consultant
- Past President, Gulf Coast Chapter Texas Association for the Education of Young Children
I’m especially interested in working with parents-to-be. If you feel like you have no clue what to do, and want a personal, one-to-one introduction to parenting, this is for you!
The VIP Package has limited availability, so reserve YOUR SPOT now.
WHAT IT’S LIKE
WORKING WITH ANN
Ann was an instrumental part of my development as a parent.
Insightful. Attentive. Perceptive. Good listener. Calm. Gentle.
Ann has been an incredible influence on my mothering.
I needed help understanding my own child
14 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
I am certain that Birth School will help you! Learning everything you can to prepare for the unexpected is the right move, and one that will build confidence and ease your mind as you head into the birth of your child.
If you complete at least 50% of the lessons (completion of Modules 1 & 2) and are not satisfied, simply email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know. I’ll be happy to refund your money within 14 days of your purchase.